Hey gorgeous, I'm Katie. So glad we met! I am a film-obsessed, adventure-taking, fun-loving wedding photographer in Portland, Oregon. If you've been following me for a while, you probably already know my photography story, as well as my film story. This weekend, I wanted to take the time to share some things with you that you may not already know!
- By the time I was seven years old, I had about ten careers in my back pocket because I wanted to achieve maximum creativity. I had been a painter, writer, actor, singer, director, and more. I declared early on that I would never have a traditional desk job.
- When I was 18, I went to New York City with a few of my friends to celebrate New Years. Nearing the end of our trip, we went to see a broadway show, then grab a traditional family owned New York Italian dinner. When we were waiting for our table at the restaurant, we were seated in the waiting area by a very talented pianist. He noticed my excitement and invited me to play a song with him. I didn't have much experience, but it had always been a dream of mine to be that "new york artist", so it remains to be one of the biggest highlights of my life.
- Before I moved to Portland, I lived in Alaska and worked as a deckhand in the Kenai Fjords National Park performing daily nature & whale watching tours. I moved there from Georgia to chase adventure, and the idea of not knowing what was going to happen next. I stayed for five months, and returned the following summer.
- I'm the girl who color codes her calendar, and have too many micron pens to prove it. Even my google calendar is color coordinated! I blame this on my love for visuals. They make everything easier!
- My ideal date night is dinner and a movie, but at the same time. Thank you McMenamins for making this possible!
There you have it! I hope you found this insightful, and learned a thing or two. I look forward to getting to know you back!