Tomorrow is the first day of October, and although it's been fall for a few days already, October always feels like the start of Autumn. Last week I wrote a newsletter with tips and updates to look forward to with fall. In the newsletter I talked about my top five fall locations for your upcoming session. Here they are!
- Columbia River Gorge: The gorge is a gold mine for fall photo settings! Rowena Crest, Government Cove, and Vista House are some of my favorites. Each spot at the gorge is as unique as the last, and as unique as each couple. Go with your gut!
- Sauvies Island: Sauvies Island is home to a variety of locations for you to pick and choose from. The benefit of the Island is that you are able to curate a number of different looks without having to drive too far. You have tree farms, pumpkin patches, sunflowers, beaches, hidden parks, and more! You can’t go wrong.
- Industrial Northwest: To deny that there will be rain is naive. The backup plan could be to reschedule, but unless it’s a downpour, the likelihood the rain will improve as the weeks pass is slim. I love the Industrial Northwest for those cozy Portland vibes. There is coffee and brick walls aplenty. Keep it simple!
- Cannon Beach: The beach will always be the romantic option, even when the fog rolls in or it starts raining! Cozy up with blankets, scarves, boots, wool socks, and of course, each other. Whether downtown or on the waters of Ecola State Park, this classic option is always a winner.
- Powell Butte: Powell Butte is often overlooked as a potential photo location, simply because we forget it exists! This ginormous stretch of land offers old orchard trees, views of Mt Hood, and fields to wander in. This spot is often quiet with no signs of overcrowding.
There you have it! These are my recommendations for your upcoming session. How many have you been to before? To read the rest of the newsletter, click the button below!